|Cultivating a Global Aesthetic Consciousness
by Dr. Monte O. Harris
read more +
Personal Thoughts and Surgical Philosophy
read more +
Certification by a medical board means that a physician has met the standards set by that particular board. The requirements for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are that the surgeon be a graduate of an approved ACGME surgical residency program, a valid medical state license, peer review evaluation of his/her surgical experience, satisfactory passing of a written and oral exam, references provided by several other surgeons, and a high code of ethics.
• Research your physician. Does he/she practice in a specialty you normally would
associate with facial enhancement or improvement?
• Is this doctor a surgeon, trained in an appropriate specialty?
• Is this doctor board certified? By what Board?
• If a surgeon, does he/she have privileges to operate in an approved surgical facility
such as a hospital or accredited surgery center?
• How long has the doctor been practicing this specialty?
• Once you answer these questions to your satisfaction you should have the right person for your facial surgery